Documents & Forms
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is an Affirmation of Baptism. It is the discovery and development of a life-long relationship with Christ. It is making a public affirmation of the church as being their own in faith and taking RESPONSIBILITY for living as a member of the body of Christ. Faith is a journey. Confirmation does not end growth as Christians, but instead, continues and strengthens the Christian growth that has already begun.
Who Can Be Confirmed?
Grace Presbyterian Church confirms students in grades 8-12, who seek to know more about what it means to be a “disciple of Jesus Christ” and feel ready to commit to the church and witness publically that Jesus Christ is their Savior.
Grace Confirmation Class Purpose:
To lead Grace Youth on a spiritual journey to help them
discover their faith and become alive in Jesus Christ.
Ø The Goal is DISCIPLESHIP! -The development of people who resemble disciples of Jesus in their lifestyle, beliefs, and values.
Ø Through thoughtful and caring leadership, our hope is to create a safe place where young people will feel free to ask their deepest questions, probing both their honest doubts as well as their growing faith.
Confirmation is an opportunity for young people to explore the meaning of the Christian Faith as understood in the Presbyterian traditions and to learn more about Christ and how to follow him. Class theme discussions will include:
· Bible Overview: A more mature understanding of what Scripture is and how it has come to the faith community
· JESUS!- Knowing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
· Eternal Life & Salvation: What is Sin? What does Salvation mean?
· The Trinity: What is the “three in one” mean? How does the Holy Spirit work in our lives?
· Sacraments: Communion & Baptism - Why they are a means to Grace.
· Spiritual Practices: Worship, Stewardship, Prayer Exploring the worship experience as it calls the faith community together and expresses our most valued beliefs.
· Purpose and Mission of Church: Understanding the Presbyterian History, Faith and Church Order
· A deeper understanding of the liturgical life and seasons of the Church
· Overview of World Religions- Why Christians believe Christianity is the best religion. Why there are so many different churches?
· Faith in Action-Witnessing, Mission and Discipleship-discovering our spiritual gifts and how to use them.